Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Godfather


Tagline: An offer you can't refuse.

Cast: Marlon Brando-Al Pacino-James Caan-Richard S. Castellano-Robert Duvall-Sterling Hayden- John Cazale-John Marley-Richard Conte-Diane Keaton

Behind every great fortune there is a crime… The Godfather saga is the ultimate movie of all time, the number one, The Godfather; a saga that consist stories and lessons in life, family, Politics, money, business, friendship and much more….. The Godfather is our number one choice; it’s a political movie as it’s a mafia saga, in all of the family matters and the mafia way in doing the business.

Politics rise in this movie and it shows the connection between the businessmen, Mafia and the politicians. The Godfather is not just a Mafia movie, it changes our perspective to the things going around us it give new definitions, new understandings, and believes, The Godfather is a must see movie by all; politicians, businessmen, families, lovers, everyone……..

Political Quotes

bonasera says; I believe in America. America has made my fortune Bonasera: I went to the police, like a good American. These two boys were brought to trial. The judge sentenced them to three years in prison, and suspended the sentence. Suspended sentence! They went free that very day! I stood in the courtroom like a fool, and those two bastards, they smiled at me. Then I said to my wife, "For justice, we must go to Don Corleone."

Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator. Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed. Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

Vito Corleone: I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life I don’t apologize to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those big shots. I don't apologize -- that's my life -- but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone, Governor Corleone. ...

GF-2 [About the situation in Cuba] Michael Corleone: I saw a strange thing today. Some rebels were being arrested. One of them pulled the pin on a grenade. He took himself and the captain of the command with him. Now, soldiers are paid to fight; the rebels aren't. Hyman Roth: What does that tell you? Michael Corleone: It means they could win.

Senator Pat Geary: I despise the way you pose yourself. You and your whole F***ing family. Michael Corleone: We're both part of the same hypocrisy, senator, but never think it applies to my family.

Frank Pentangeli: Those were the great old days, you know... And we were like the Roman Empire... The Corleone family was like the Roman Empire...

GF-3 Michael Corleone: Italian politics have had these men for centuries. They are the true Mafia.

Calo: Power wears out those who do not have it.

Vincent Mancini: Don Lucchesi, you are a man of finance and politics. These things I don't understand. Don Lucchesi: You understand guns? Vincent Mancini: Yes. Don Lucchesi: Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.

Websites:

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

No comments:

Post a Comment